Low Doc Loan
Not everyone has the tax/income records required for a standard loan application. The Low Doc Loan lets you apply with minimal supporting documentation while maintaining a low interest rate. All you need to do is sign a low doc declaration; you retain full privacy. If you obtain the required documentation in the future you can switch to the lower Advantage Loan rate at any time.
This loan may be suitable if...
- You are self-employed and don't have the same regular income history as a PAYG employee
- You have a complicated or unusual financial situation
Getting the Most of the Low Doc Loan
- Have your income go straight into the loan
- Use your existing credit card to make all your monthly purchases
- When your credit card bill is due, use the free redraw facility to pay it off from your Low Doc Loan
The above procedure will minimise your interest by keeping as much of your savings as possible in your loan facility and offsetting the loan balance.
Applying for the Low Doc Loan
Self employed or company borrowers can apply for this loan, however trusts are not accepted. Whether you are self employed or a company borrower, you must be GST registered and have been operating in the same business for at least two years.
During the application process, you will be asked to sign a Low Doc declaration form. By signing this you are declaring that you have enough income to support your expenses (this form replaces the need to provide further proof of income). A signed statement from your accountant verifying your income will be required.