Home Loans FAQ
First Home Owner Grant (FHOG)
The First Home Owner Grant was introduced by the federal government to assist people in buying their first property. The grant amount may differ for each state and territory and can depend on the loan amount and value of the property. The First Home Owners Grant Boost and other additional supplements may also be available depending on your state and situation.
|Use our Government Grant Calculator to see if you are eligible for a First Home Owners Grant and get an estimate of how much you could receive from your state. It will also show you stamp duty, mortgage registration and transfer fee.
Thinking of buying?
If you're thinking of taking advantage of the increased FHOG, follow these steps:
- Check if you're eligible for a home loan through MyRate
- Find out what documents will be needed for your loan application
- Speak to a loan consultant or complete a 2 minute online pre-approval
Applying for the First Home Owners Grant
At this stage you have two options:
- Get a pre approval for the loan amount.
- Get a contract of sale.
- At the time when you get formal approval, this is when you apply for the grant.
Apply via a lender
- The grant will go direct into your own account at settlement.
To make sure things run smoothly remember to have all the following paperwork to supply:
- Your lender will handle the application from start to finish, and the funds will be available at settlement.
- FHOG application form - this must be the original, not a copy or fax.
- Certified contract of sale.
- 100 Points of certified I.D. Specific ID documents may be required depending on your state.